Over the course of his career, Chris Pratt has proven to be as lovable and relatable as any star in Hollywood.
The May 2017 Men’s Fitness cover star has risen from a struggling actor living out of a van to a big-budget leading man with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Pratt’s a guy that everyone in America would love to have a beer with, and that’s mostly because he brings a great sense of humor, loads of charm, and plenty of heart to every one of his roles.
Pratt’s personality shines through on the big screen—especially in these 7 badass movie and TV roles from his career—but it comes through on social media, too. Pratt can be his unfiltered best when he’s posting videos on Instagram, whether it’s him visiting a children’s hospital or playing pranks on one of his co-stars.
Here are 13 times he hit “peak Pratt” on Instagram:
13. Pratt prepares for a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 media appearance by getting a "blow dry" all over his chest:
12. Pratt has some fun with his wife, actress Anna Faris, as they get ready to hit Tokyo:
11. Pratt really gets into character on the set of The Magnificent Seven, catching himself a fish in full costume:
Give a man a fish, he'll have a fish for a day. Teach a man to fish, he might get obsessed like me and spend his whole paycheck at Cabela's on plastic worms and shit and dream about fishing all the time and always be gone on his days off setting hooks like he's in the Bassmaster ProAm. But anyway. This was a good one. Throwback from set of #magnificent7 Catch and release.
10. Pratt shows off a gnarly bruise from shooting the film Passengers:
9. Pratt gets to the "top" of the Eiffel Tower:
Just had a ground breaking idea to touch the tip of the Eiffel Tower in this photo. I'm pretty proud of it. It just came to me. Haha! I said, "hey I'm about to do something nobody has ever done before. Quick grab a camera" And then I just did it. And then my publicist Allison took the photo. This pose is now legally called a #chrisPratt i have patented it. If you do this pose you can be sued. #passengersmovie
8. During his Passengers press tour, Pratt couldn't help but prank co-star Jennifer Lawrence every chance he could get by blocking her face or cutting it out of pictures:
7. Pratt shuts down the body shamers who came at him after posting a series of videos about the healthy snacks he was eating to get lean for Jurassic World 2:
So many people have said I look too thin in my recent episodes of #WHATSMYSNACK Some have gone as far as to say I look "skeletal" Well, just because I am a male doesn't mean I'm impervious to your whispers. Body shaming hurts. So to prove my security in the way I look I'm posting a current selfie of me at what I consider a very healthy weight. 500lbs. Zero percent body fat. Totally JK guys. This is a T Rex skull. Nailed you so bad. Omg.
6. Pratt gets a massive beard in the makeup room while filming Passengers:
5. Pratt acts like a "diva" until he realizes the cameras are rolling on his Jurassic World press tour:
4. Pratt gets in some "thinking" while visiting China:
3. Pratt "marks" his territory on the set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2:
2. Pratt's Instagram series "#WHATSMYSNACK" was the perfect showcase for Pratt's personality (check out all the videos in the series here):
1. Pratt blew up Instagram with this photo showing off his six-pack while he was training for Guardians of the Galaxy. Pratt told Men's Fitness how he dropped 60 lbs. in six months for the role: